People have been crying out for self-balancing scooters which have an off road capability, then three come along at once!
Launched towards the end of 2016, these three brands have released very similar looking machines with very similar specs.
Epikgo is a California based company and have released two off-road versions, the “Classic” and “Premier”, along with some nice looking road going “Sport” versions with sleeker tires.
The Epikgo Classic
EPIKGO Self Balancing Scooter Hover Self-Balance Board – UL2272 Certified, All-Terrain 8.5″ Alloy Wheel, 400W Dual-Motor, LG Battery, Board Hover Tough Road Condition [Classic Series Elite Silver]
and Rose Gold.
EPIKGO Self Balancing Scooter Hover Self-Balance Board – UL2272 Certified, All-Terrain 8.5″ Alloy Wheel, 400W Dual-Motor, LG Battery, Board Hover Tough Road Condition [Classic Series, Rose Gold]
The Epikgo Premier
The Jetson V8
The Jetson V8 (I can only guess that the 8 in V8 refers to the 800w of power available as there are definitely no cylinders on this machine) comes with Bluetooth speakers as standard, as well as the large 8.5″ tires, chunky mudguards and a lot of power to handle “tough conditions”. Only available in black.
The Halo Rover as comes with Bluetooth Speakers as standard, and a mobile app. The makers have very usefully added three modes: Learning, Normal and Advanced. This will greatly help novices get the hang of riding the board.
Key features of all three:
- A 400W motor on each wheel with independent gyros
- Large 8.5 inch all terrain tires
- They are built on “extra durable” chassis, whatever that actually means!
- All have UL 2271 certified batteries and are UL 2272 certified as a unit
- They use high spec, branded LG batteries
- They come with a mobile app to remotely manage the hoverboard, and Bluetooth speakers on some models
- They are IPX4 “waterproof” – which really means splash proof 😉
- Max speed of 10mph, max range of 12 miles
- They charge in 1-1.5 hours
- LED head lights and backlights are available on some models